When replacing the tires, make sure that the tire shop workers do not forget to balance the wheels. If you feel a vibration in the steering wheel, it is also worth going to the service and checking their balancing – perhaps during the movement the weight flew off. Driving on unbalanced wheels for a long time is bad for the tires, rims, and suspension parts of the car.
To extend the life of your tires, you should:
- Check tire pressure levels regularly;
- Rotate all weather tires Сanada every 3,000 to 6,000 miles (swap back and front, left and right side tires);
- Monitor the accuracy of installation (for tires with a directional tread pattern, you should take into account the sign of rotation direction, printed on the sidewall);
- Avoid aggressive driving (sudden acceleration and braking lead to irregular wear and premature tire failure);
- New tires should be run-in in a calm driving style during the first 300-500 km of motion;
- The residual tread depth should be checked regularly (it may be done by folk methods, or by paying attention to wear indicators, provided by the manufacturer).
Those who like to start with slippage once in a while, yes, to drive with fire in a turn, are much more frequent customers of tire fitting than the adherents of calm driving. It should be considered and understood that by choosing such a driving style, you voluntarily agree to higher expenses on car maintenance.
Giving up old tires
It is considered that the tire retains its technical characteristics for five years from the date of production. The international practice recommends a tiring life of six years from manufacture. If the tires were manufactured five years before they were sold, the tires are considered new.
Change tires in season
It is difficult to know exactly when the mandatory change from summer tires to winter tires is due. The driver should be guided by the average daily temperature: if the thermometer reads 7 degrees Celsius, it’s time to go to the service station. Proper exploitation of wheels will allow a maximally prolonged life of tires, making driving more comfortable and safe.
In a car, everything is interconnected. Worn shock absorbers and silent blocks negatively influence the character of the interaction of tires with a road surface, because of which the latter also starts to wear stronger. This applies to the whole car. One badly working or malfunctioning part creates an increased load on other parts interacting with it. Therefore, it is better not to delay the repair of malfunctions.
As you can see from all of the above, the condition and durability of tires are affected by a large number of factors, many of which are directly related to how the machine is operated. This means that with proper attention from the driver, you can significantly increase the service life of tires while reducing the cost of the car and improving driving safety.