What is a Social Media Audit?
Successful social media marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Reddit is possible with the help of a SM audit. You can quickly monitor any shifts over time by centralizing your social media stats.
Things to look for in a social media audit:
- Distribution of followers by account type
- Participation Indexes
- Information about a group’s demographics beyond its essential characteristics, such as occupations, hobbies, biological terms, etc., is vital.
- Information about each platform’s location and login credentials
- Current topics
- Evaluation of the Campaign
A SM audit that is regularly updated, in addition to the KPIs, will reveal immediately what is working, what isn’t, and what needs improvement. You can monitor the performance of your brand’s many social media accounts over time by using a monthly audit spreadsheet to compile data from each.
How NetBase Quid Can Help You in Social Media Auditing
We have created a list of SM audit tools to get you started, whether you are an experienced veteran or just getting started with audits. We also provide a free downloadable SM audit template developed using NetBase Quid. The social media audit process requires a strategy and a checklist, including but not limited to the following items:
- You should compile a list of your various social media profiles.
- Make sure you’re using a SM audit tool that will let you keep tabs on your brand’s audience engagement levels and other metrics.
- Metrics management is essential. You should compile data on your audience’s demographics and interactions and post information for each social media platform you utilize.
- Imagine achieving your goal and the areas that require work.
- Use what you’ve learned to make progress. There is always room for improvement; use what you’ve learned to refine your approach.
- More on this in a minute, but first, consider how your brand stacks up against the competition.
Your audit’s primary purpose is to increase your knowledge of your target demographic to boost brand recognition, customer loyalty, and conversions.
Four Tips for a Successful Social Media Audit
We have compiled a list of SM audit tools to help you get started, whether you are an experienced pro or just getting started. NetBase Quid also provides a SM audit template for free. Let’s look at some pointers that will help you step up your auditing game.
Follow the Numbers
It is essential to face your bias before beginning. Everyone can do so, and putting in the effort will help you immensely gain perspective. Though social media is inherently subjective, you can achieve the desired impartiality by analyzing quantitative data such as mentions, engagement, sentiment, etc.
Make an In-Depth Audit
If you are just getting started, it is best to create simple and expand from there to give your SM audit some form. Choose the metrics that are most important to you across all your social media platforms, then enter them into your spreadsheet.
If it’s impossible to put a number on it, ask yourself if you want to do it.
Incredibly diverse metrics are now quantifiable with the help of social listening tools. If the metric you’re trying to gauge is too specific or subjective, you should go on to something else. Don’t lose sight that maintaining your brand’s positive social media reputation must be your top priority.
Detect Duplicate Efforts
Data redundancy may be a concern in your SM audit, depending on your Martech Stack. In cases where it is unavoidable, duplication should be annotated. It is essential, as you should always consider possible auditors and measures while assembling your data.